Safe & Clean Charter
We are very much looking forward to re-opening Aspen Lodge on 10 July. We would like to thank all of our guests for working with us, and being so understanding in these difficult and uncertain times.
- Our property managers have undertaken specific contamination training to ensure that their cleaning products and techniques are as thorough and advanced as possible, and specifically tailored for eradicating germs.
- In accordance with the industry guidance for self-catering accommodation, hard surfaces within the house will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected, and all linen is laundered in accordance with the guidance.
- Our house brochure and welcome letter are provided in electronic format – which guests may download and read at their leisure.
- We have always provided handwash for our guests at the lodge, and we have now added hand sanitiser and gloves. We would ask guests to bring their own masks please.
- We have been deemed ‘Good to Go’ by Visit Britain, which indicates that we are following government and industry guidelines, and have a stringent process in place to maintain cleanliness.
Frequently Asked Questions
The position regarding coronavirus is complex and constantly evolving. We are trying to keep this information up to date as much as possible, but it will be subject to change from time to time. Please check with us individually if there is anything you are concerned about regarding your booking as this is for guidance only.
Are you accepting new bookings?
Yes. Our online calendar shows up to date availability for the lodge for 2021 and part of 2022.
If the lodge has to shut for my booking, what is my position?
If we are required by government regulation to shut then we will contact affected guests and offer the opportunity to move their booking to another date (with anything they have already paid applied to that booking) or receive a full refund.
What is the lodge is open but my booking covers a number of households and government restrictions prevent this?
If holiday homes are able to open but different households may not stay together at the time this unfortunately does not entitle you to move your booking or receive a refund as it is your personal situation that is preventing you from wanting the holiday, rather than a government restriction on holiday homes. You may be covered by your travel insurance and we will do what we can to support your claim.
If I have to cancel my booking because I get coronavirus, what is the position?If you have to cancel your booking because you are ill with coronavirus, or any other illness, you may be covered under your travel insurance. We will assist with paperwork that you may need from us for your claim.
What happens if I develop any symptoms in the run up to our holiday at Aspen?We will ask guests to confirm in the 48 hours before their holiday starts that they are not suffering from any of the following symptoms:
- a fever or temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss or change to their sense of taste or smell
The above are potential symptoms of coronavirus and guests suffering from any of these are required by government regulations to self-isolate and stay at home. In that situation guests will not be able to take their holiday at Aspen due to personal circumstances and may be able to claim under their travel insurance.
What happens if I start to feel ill with coronavirus symptoms while I’m on holiday at Aspen?
Guests are asked to be vigilant during their holiday and to notify us immediately if they suffer suspected coronavirus symptoms. In that instance guests should travel home as soon as possible while self-isolating in their own transport, so long as it is safe to do so.
In the event that guests need to stay on at the lodge beyond the original holiday dates due to illness, or should the lodge need to be closed beyond the original holiday dates for decontamination, we will charge the normal weekly rate for any period affected, and may have to pass on an extra charge to cover any deep cleaning costs.
How have holidays at the lodge changed since coronavirus?
We have made the following changes to holidays at Aspen:
- The arrival time for incoming guests has been pushed back to 5pm and the check-out time is now 9am.This is to enable our changeover team the additional time they need to fully clean, disinfect and air the whole house between guests in accordance with our policy. We are following the Cleaning Protocols for Self-Catering Properties and Short-Term Lets in the Context of Covid-19.
- We have added sanitiser dispensers to the lodge and request that guests use the one at the front door to sanitise their hands each time they enter the house. We would also recommend that they do it upon leaving the house.
- We have left some games and DVDs in the house but the selection is much reduced as they are being provided on rotation enabling disinfecting between guests.
- We have decided that at the moment it is safest to limit the welcome hamper to a few welcome treats where the outer packaging may be easily disinfected without affecting the contents. We also provide disposable gloves and sanitiser in accordance with industry recommendations.
- We ask guests to please strip their beds on leaving the property. This reduces the risk to our cleaning team.
- We have new check-out rules for guests to try and ensure that the house and our processes are as safe as possible for guests and our housekeeping team.
- Depending on government rules in place during your visit, you may find that some local attractions are not open, or are running a different service to normal. Please check with them. Contact details for most local shops, restaurants, etc, are in our online brochure.